In today’s world of electrical utility deregulation, higher electric costs and larger loads, our clients are finding themselves involved in substation ownership. Substation engineering and design is no longer the forte of the utility company, nor is it for the faint-hearted. Morrow Engineering has the knowledge and experience to meet your substation design requirements. Typical designs may include:
- Alternate switching concepts for reliability.
- 120k through 15k primary voltages for economical purchase of electrical power.
- 13.8k through 480 secondary voltages for safe and flexible distribution of loads.
- Protective relaying, SCADA systems and control buildings.
- Power factor correction.
- Substation lighting, grounding and lightning protection designs.